Do you have those busy days, where cooking becomes a chore? Or having days, where you just do not want to cook? I know I do! This is why I love this quick and easy baked pasta with creamed spinach. Even though I am a full-time homemaker, there are some days that I am just too lazy or too tired to cook. This dish is probably one of my favorite go-to lazy mum meals.
With just a few ingredients, you can simply whip up this meal within 30 minutes. This baked pasta is so delicious and my family loves it. Even kids, who do not love vegetables, adore this baked pasta. I enjoy making recipes, where you can just pop them in an oven. This is because the meals usually come out beautiful and while they are baking, I could make use of this time do something else, for example, washing the dishes. I feel extra productive this way.
Preparing baked pasta and creamed spinach
The main ingredients of this dish are basically some creamed spinach and any short-cut pasta of your choice. If you have more time, you can make fresh creamed spinach. If you want something quick, then you can always thaw some frozen creamed spinach overnight or in the microwave, I personally like to thaw it over the stove.
While the creamed spinach is thawing, cook macaroni in a pot of vegetable broth (or beef broth) according to packaging. I personally prefer using macaroni but you can use any short-cut pasta for this recipe. Thereafter, drain macaroni in a colander, once they are done or al dente.
After thawing the spinach in a pot over the stove, season the spinach with some salt and nutmeg according to taste. To enhance its taste, I usually add a little Maggi seasoning sauce to the spinach. However, this step is fully optional. Feel free to skip this step, if you do not want to add any instant seasoning sauce to this dish.
You might also like:
Putting baked pasta and creamed spinach together
Thereafter, transfer a rough layer of macaroni to the bottom of a suitable oven dish and then put a layer of spinach on top the macaroni to cover them. Repeat steps until the oven dish is full or all ingredients are used up. Pour ½ of the heavy cream over the macaroni and spinach.
Layer Emmental cheese on top and pour the rest of the heavy cream over the cheese. Put small cubes of butter on the cheese and put everything into the oven. Bake pasta with creamed spinach in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes at 220° C or until the top layer turned brown. Take out dish from oven and let it cool down for a few minutes. Lastly, serve and enjoy this simple baked pasta!
Try out this quick and easy baked pasta with creamed spinach recipe and tell me what do you think about it. #chenguins on instagram, so that I can see your creation as well! What are some of your favorite quick meals?
Until next time & guten Appetit!
Watch how to make this recipe
Print this recipe
Quick and easy baked macaroni with creamed spinach
- 1 Baking dish
Ingredients you need
- 800 g frozen creamed spinach
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Maggi seasoning sauce optional
- 200 g cream
- 5 slices Emmental cheese or more
- 8 tiny cubes Butter
- 2 l Vegetable broth or Beef broth
- 500 g Macaroni or any short-cut pasta of choice
- Put frozen creamed spinach into a pot over a low to medium heat. Add a little water to frozen spinach to assist the thawing process. Season the spinach with nutmeg, salt and maggi seasoning sauce, when the spinach has been thawed. Adjust according to taste. Alternatively, you can also thaw the frozen spinach in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- At the same time, cook macaroni in vegetable broth according to packaging. Drain macaroni in a colander, once they are done or al dente.
- Transfer a rough layer of macaroni at the bottom of a suitable oven dish and then put a layer of spinach on top the macaroni to cover them. Repeat steps until the oven dish is full or all ingredients are used up.
- Pour ½ of the cream over the macaroni and spinach.
- Layer cheese on top and pour the rest of the cream over the cheese. Put small cubes of butter on the cheese and put everything into the oven. Bake dish for about 15 min or until cheese turned brown.
- Take out dish from oven and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Lastly, serve and enjoy this dish!